Top Karting is the destination for those who enjoy speed and a rush of adrenaline. It offers an indoor heated track of a quarter mile and karts that can reach a top speed of 35mph. There is also a party room area where you can play pool or watch the race on satellite screen TVs while you are not racing.
Date of outing: November 12 (or November 19 if the capacity is reached for November 12), 2015
- 11:45 a.m.: Meet Nancy Thiffault (Student Services Coordinator) and David Pratt (Teacher) on the ground floor of Arts Hall, 70 Laurier East.
- 12:00 p.m.: Departure from campus. A school bus will take us to Top Karting.
- 12:15 p.m.: Arrival at Top Karting.
- The group will be split into teams of 12.
- Listen carefully to the staff’s instructions. Students who do not follow rules will be expelled from the race.
- Race for 15 minutes.
- While you are waiting to race and after you are done, you can play pool in the bar section or sit, relax and chat with your friends.
- 3:30 p.m. at the latest: Departure from Top Karting.
- 3:45 p.m. at the latest: Arrival on campus.
Cost: It’s free!
What to bring:
- Wear comfortable clothing and flat closed shoes (no high heals!). In some cases, clothing may get dirty and stained. It is not recommended to wear light color or expensive clothing. Overalls will be provided to protect your clothing.
- Money if you want to want to purchase a beverage.
- Your EIP student card.
- Your health insurance card. Top Karting will ask your health insurance number.
Top Karting rules:
- For security purposes, a maximum of 12 drivers are allowed on the track per race.
- It is mandatory for everybody to wear a helmet.
- It is mandatory to tie your hair up if your hair is below your shoulders. We dissuade our customers to wear big hair pins or hair accessories as well as to have a high hairstyle as it may cause discomfort while wearing the helmet. Scarves are not allowed.
- You will receive a security briefing prior to racing. The security briefing is mandatory for all of our customers, at every visit.
- No contact between karts will be tolerated on the track. ‘’No Bumping Allowed’’. If there is contact on the track, you may get expelled from the race.