Join a guided tour of the Parliament to learn about the Canadian political system and get a glimpse of the astonishing architecture of the Centre Block building. Discover the Senate, the House of Commons and the library of Parliament with the help of a knowledgeable tour guide.
Date of outing: October 1, 2015
◾12:00 pm: Meet Nancy Thiffault (Student Services Coordinator) and David Pratt (Teacher) on the ground floor of Arts Hall, 70 Laurier East.
◾12:10 pm: Departure from campus. We will walk to Parliament Hill.
◾12:30 pm: Arrival at the Parliament.
- Go through the security checkpoint outside.
- Go through a security screening inside.
- Leave your jacket at the cloakroom.
- Read the information in the waiting room.
◾1:05 pm (Group 1) or 1:10 pm (Group 2): Start of the Tour
- It usually takes about 45 minutes to visit the Centre Block.
- We will also visit the Memorial Chamber and go up the Peace Tower to have a great view of the city.
◾2:15 pm: Departure from Parliament.
Cost: It is free!
What to bring:
◾Wear comfortable shoes and dress according to the weather. We will walk to Parliament Hill.
◾Your EIP student card.
◾Your health insurance card.
◾All visitors are required to go through the security scanning.
◾Large bags are not permitted in Centre Block. Visitors with bags larger than 18” X 14” X 8” will not be permitted to enter the building.
◾At minimum, visitors must wear casual dress.
◾Participating in any form of demonstration inside the buildings is prohibited, including wearing items or clothing with visible political messages.
For more information, please visit the Parliament of Canada website.