A visit to the Supreme Court of Canada gives one the opportunity to become better acquainted with Canada’s highest court. Tour guides, who are all law students, will familiarize visitors with the operation of the Canadian judicial system and will explain how legal issues of public importance are dealt with by the Supreme Court of Canada. http://www.scc-csc.ca/vis/tour-visite/index-eng.aspx
Date: Thursday, July 27, 2017
- 12:10 p.m.: Meet Audrey Zhang (EIP Mentor) on the ground floor of Hamelin Hall, 70 Laurier East.
- 12:15 p.m.: Departure. We will walk to Laurier Station and take an OC Transpo bus.
- 12:45 p.m.: Arrival at the Supreme Court
- 1:00 p.m.: Start of tour.
- 1:30 p.m.: End of tour.
Cost: It is free!
Registration: The online registration form will be accessible until Monday, July 24 at 1 p.m.
NO MORE REGISTRATION!
What to bring:
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing.
- Your student card.
- Your U-Pass to take an OC Transpo bus.
- Your health insurance card.
- All visitors to the Supreme Court of Canada are required to go through security scanning stations. Therefore, to avoid delays, we discourage you to bring unnecessary items, such as backpacks.
- You make bring cameras as pictures may be taken, provided the court is not in session.
- No food, drink, candy or chewing gum is allowed.