Join us to observe wild animals in beautiful Omega Park. You can expect to see deer (and feed them), buffalos, artic wolves, caribous, elks, alpine ibex and bears.
Date of outing: Thursday, May 25, 2017
Place: Omega Park, Montebello, QC
- 11:35 a.m.: Meet Nancy Thiffault (Student Services Coordinator) and Audrey Zhang(Mentor) at the corner of Cumberland and University street.
- 11:45 p.m.: Departure from campus.
- 12:45 p.m.: Arrival at Omega Park
- Visit the Park House (if time allows it)
- Bus tour of Omega Park.
- Break to feed deer.
- 3:45 p.m.: Departure from Omega Park.
- 5:00 p.m.: Arrival on campus.
Cost: It’s free!
Registration period: The online registration form will be accessible between 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday (May 17) and 1:30 p.m. on Friday (May 19). It’s on a first come, first served basis.
NO MORE REGISTRATION!
What to bring:
- A lunch to eat on the way to Omega Park.
- Carrots for the animals.
- Dress according to weather and wear comfortable shoes.
- Your camera or video camera.
- Your binoculars for a better observation of our animals (just a suggestion).
- Your EIP student card.
- Your health insurance card.
Omega Park rules
- During the 15km driving path, it is prohibited to exit the bus even to take pictures. You are only allowed to get out of the bus in the dedicated walking trail zones.
- Keep your windows half closed to avoid having the animals try to enter their heads into the vehicle. Do not feed the bisons.
- Toss the carrots for the little animals, the wild boars and the Alpine ibex, in order to prevent having them climbing on the bus.