Join us for a thrilling urban splash adventure! It’s an introduction to rafting on the Ottawa River that starts at Britannia Beach and ends at Lemieux Island. You’ll have the opportunity to swim along the way, participate in fun challenges and learn about the city of Ottawa. Limited space!!!
Date of outing: August 6, 2015
Place: Urban Splash Adventure, Ottawa River
- 11:45am: Meet David Pratt (Teacher) on the ground floor of Arts Hall, 70 Laurier East.
- 12:00pm: Departure from campus.
- Arrival at the beach.
- Change clothing. Bring swimwear that dries rapidly and sandals or river shoes.
- Get instructions and equipment (helmet, life vest and a paddle).
- Start the rafting trip.
- 4:15pm: Arrival on campus
Cost: The outing is free!
What to bring:
- A lunch. Make sure you eat before we arrive on site, you won’t be able to eat once we start the rafting trip!
- Comfortable swimwear and a towel. Avoid running shoes and jeans!
- A poncho in case of rain.
- It’s a good idea to bring sunscreen and sunglasses.
- Your EIP student card.
- Your health insurance card.