Join us for a guided tour of the Royal Canadian Mint’s headquarters to learn how coins are made. The Ottawa facility produces hand-crafted collector and commemorative coins, gold bullion coins, medals and medallions. This is where the master tooling is done to create the dies that strike coin designs for both circulation and commemorative issues.
Date of outing: Thursday, March 16, 2017
Schedule (depending on the number of participants, a second tour might be added after the first one):
- 12:15 p.m.: Meet Nancy Thiffault (Student Services Coordinator) and David Pratt (Teacher) on the ground floor of Hamelin Hall, 70 Laurier East.
- 12:30 p.m.: Departure from campus. We will walk.
- 12:50 p.m.: Arrival at the Mint.
- 1:00 p.m.: Start of the 45 minute guided tour (group 1)
- 1:15 p.m.: Start of the 45 minute guided tour (group 2)
- 2:15 p.m.: Departure.
Registration: The online registration form will be available between 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday (March 7) and 1:30 p.m. on Friday (March 10).
NO MORE REGISTRATION
Cost: It’s free!
What to bring:
- Your student card.
- Your health insurance card.