Join us at Altitude Gym for an exhilarating climbing experience! The Altitude Challenge is a combination of indoor rock climbing and clip’n climb. It’s a 2 hour friendly competition that includes a 30 minute preparation. The activities take place in all areas of the gym with the help of professional instructors. Participants accumulate points in each event by performing a rotation of 5 activities in increments of 20 minutes.
Date of outing: Thursday, February 2, 2017
- 12:15 p.m.: Meet Nancy Thiffault (Student Services Coordinator) and David (teacher) on the ground floor of Hamelin Hall, 70 Laurier East.
- 12:30 p.m.: Departure from campus. We will take a school bus to Gatineau.
- 12:45 p.m.: Arrival at Altitude Gym.
- Change into comfortable clothing and put on your clean sport shoes.
- Wait for instructions.
- 1:00 p.m.: Start of the activities.
- Rock Climbing / Clip N’Climb
- 3:30 p.m.: Departure from Altitude Gym.
- 3:45 p.m.: Arrival on campus
Cost: It’s free!
Registration: The online registration form will be available between 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday (January 24) and 1:00 p.m. on Friday (January 27).
What to bring:
- You will need energy to climb so bring a lunch and eat it before we leave. There is no food on location.
- Clean sport shoes or climbing shoes. No boots or dirty shoes allowed!
- Comfortable gym clothing.
- A water bottle or something refreshing to keep you hydrated.
- A lock if you want to use one of the lockers.
- Your EIP student card.
- Your health insurance card.
Altitude Gym rules:
- All visitors are required to complete and sign a waiver.
- Clean gym shoes are required in order to keep the facility clean and to prevent sand, salt and dirt from damaging the crash pads or climbing surface.
- Please do not use mobile phones while belaying.
- Glass bottles are forbidden around the climbing mat.
- No personal belongings in fall zones.
- Do not stand or climb under another climber’s fall line (this includes the bouldering walls as well).
- We will not accept profanity in the gym and retain the right to have you leave if you continue after being warned of unacceptable behavior.