Join us for a pancake meal and a sugar shack visit to learn about the sap to syrup process. You’ll get to taste taffy on the snow, a spring time Canadian tradition!
Location: Proulx Berry & Maple Farm
Date of outing: March 22, 2018
- 12:15 a.m.: Meet Nancy (Student Services Coordinator) on the ground floor of Hamelin Hall, 70 Laurier East.
- 12:30 p.m.: Departure from campus. We will take a school bus.
- 1:00 p.m.: Arrival at Proulx Maple & Berry Farm.
- 1:15 p.m.: Enjoy two pancakes + choice of hot or cold beverage
- 1:45 p.m.: Maple bush tour, maple production and taffy service.
- 2:30 p.m.: Hayride tractor drawn through the old maple bush from the sugar shack to the farm.
- 2:45 p.m.: Maple tasting
- 3:00 p.m.: Visit the small animal-petting farm and the General Farm Boutique.
- 3:30 p.m. at the latest: Departure from the Sugarbush.
- 4:00 p.m.: Arrival on campus
Cost: It’s free!
Registration: The online registration form will be accessible until March 20.
NO MORE ONLINE REGISTRATION! If you want to be added to the waiting list, please send an email at eip@uOttawa.ca
What to bring:
- We will spend most of the afternoon outside so dress warmly.
- Wear gloves or mitts, a hat, a scarf and comfortable sporty winter boots (no shoes!).
- Your student card.
- Your health insurance card.